iCloud is a cloud-storage service from the popular brand Apple. Everything that the user wants to store can be easily stored on an external hard disk in the sky, popularly known as the iCloud drive. The service is available for all iOS Devices, Macs and Windows PCs. The user can easily access all his data and files from any of the devices.
Learn How to iCloud Sign in with iCloud.com Account on Safari:
Follow these steps to sign in to the iCloud.com page that has all the iCloud.com features from safari:
- Open safari and type http://icloud.com.
- You will see iCloud page with the shortcuts for the app. You can ignore everything and look for the sharing button and tap on it. It looks like a small square box with an arrow facing upwards.
- Navigate all the sharing options and finally choose ‘Request Desktop Site’.
- Once you select the ‘Request Desktop Site’ option, the iCloud.com will reload as a complete desktop version of the app. You can then fill in the user name and the password to sign into iCloud as is done usually for the websites from desktop.
Once you have signed into iCloud.com Sign in using an iPhone or iPad, you can access all the functions of iCloud.com including a very important feature ‘find my iPhone’ that helps an individual look for their lost or misplaced devices, even if their battery is dead. It can also be used to access iCloud Contacts, notes, numbers, pages, remote wipe, disable iCloud lock and other iCloud functions and features.
How to Sign in into iCloud.com with Chrome?
You can also access the iCloud login on any iOS device with the help of chrome browser, follow these simple steps:
- Open the chrome browser and type iCloud.com; you will see three vertical dots on the upper right corner of the chrome app, click on them.
- Once you click on them, you will see a drop down list; select the option of ‘request desktop site’ from there to refresh the iCloud.com and use it as a desktop sign in page.
- You can now login to the iCloud.com from the chrome mobile browser as usual, using the username and the password.
You can also use these steps to access full sign in page of iCloud.com from android browser.
While without a doubt, most of the users will prefer using the iCloud.com on a desktop only whether it is a Mac, a windows PC, or a Linux machine, still if one has to use the features of iCloud.com while on the run, either from one’s own device or another iPad or iPhone, the above steps can be really helpful. These can be a great help when someone wants to locate a misplaced or lost phone and want it to beep, even if all their battery is drained.
One might generally want to check a note, a message or a contact very urgently; this will require accessing the iCloud features on an ios device while on the go. It can also be used for checking iCloud activation lock status.
What is iCloud Drive?
Apple has always been popular for providing streamlined and user friendly services but the company is equally good at providing excellent hardware and software interface.
iCloud drive is one such effort from the company that solves one of the biggest problem of the users today-the storage; it is an Organized way of storing files and data. The iCloud drive from Apple is an online storage service, a place in the sky to store and manage all your files. These files can also be accessed easily from any of the devices of Apple like iPhone, iPad or Mac. Everything that is new sounds complicated initially. The same is with iCloud drive. It might sound complicated and need a few guides to use it well but it is not hard to understand all all.
The iCloud drive works well with iCloud.com. One can use it to create documents, save and share them using the pages, numbers or key notes. The users get 1 GB of free storage space with iCloud.com.
Features of iCloud Drive:
- It is a part of iCloud, the online storage service that was launched by Apple in 2011.
- iCloud drive helps the user to save data like documents, photos, videos, and music to iCloud.
- iCloud gives you the convenience of storing all the data at one place.
- Apart from saving the data, the user can also access the data easily from any place using an internet connection and iOS devices, Mac and Windows PC.
- It also helps to keep all the files and folders updated on all the devices.
- The users can also create new files or folders with the help of applications that are iCloud enabled and also work on them.
- iCloud Drive is a free feature. Any file or data that does not exceed 15 GB in size can be easily stored on iCloud drive without having to exceed the limit of storage.
- Once the user signs for iCloud, he gets a free storage of 5 GB for mail, iCloud drive, iCloud photo library and backup.
Advantages of iCloud:
While it might look that the basic advantage of using iCloud is organizing the storage space, it is not completely true. The other important feature of iCloud is the option to stream music and videos. Another feature of iCloud that becomes its advantage is that it can be used to back up and restore data on any of the iOS devices. Once it is connected to the internet, the iCloud provides a daily backup of devices like iPad, iPod, and iTouch. The backups are not full, i.e. the entire data on the device of the user is not backed up. These are partial backups, which mean only the data that has been changed on the device is stored. iCloud can back up the following kind of data:
- Text messages
- Game scoreboard
- Photos and videos
- Personal device settings like the level of brightness, or call volume etc.