iCloud Login, Sign in Procedure for iPhone/iPad, Mac & for Windows PC
iCloud Login: If you are an existing Apple user, then you know the importance of iCloud. If you are a new Apple user, then you must know about the features and iCloud login procedure. iCloud is the best drive for Apple platform. You can take a backup of all your photos, documents, apps, music and other things. With iCloud, you can share all your details such as photos, locations and other things with people you are close with. The procedure of iCloud login is also very simple which I will discuss in step by step way.
The best thing about iCloud is, even if you don’t have an Apple device then also you can use iCloud from a Windows web browser. From Apples online storage service you can manage and access all your files. So literally it means once you open an iCloud account, you can access your data from anywhere where using your iPhone, iPad, Mac and even a PC. Let me tell you the login procedure and what features you will get from iCloud.
iCloud Login Procedure for Mac, iPhone/iPad & Windows PC:
You can access iCloud from your iOS device, from Mac, and from PC. The login procedure in each device is different. So I am going to discuss all three procedures so that you don’t face any problem while login. You can login to iCloud by following these steps.
iCloud Login for iOS devices:
If you are using an iOS device that is an iPhone, iPod touch or an iPad, then you can log into iCloud by following this steps.
- First of all, you need to check the version of your iOS. You must update your iOS to the latest version. If you are not sure that you are using the latest version or not, check it by going to Settings, tap on General and then tap software update. If it shows, a new version is available then update your OS. If it is not showing means, you are using the latest version.
- Then turn on your iCloud. When you buy a new iOS device or update the version of your iOS, you need to turn on the iCloud service. You can do it by following the instructions appears in the setup assistant which will help you to setup iCloud. If you skipped this process then you need to tap the setting option located on the home screen, select iCloud and there you need to enter your Apple ID.
- Enable automatic downloads. You can turn on your automatic downloads for your music, photos, apps, books and other documents you need to tap the setting option of the home screen. In settings, you need to select iTunes and App Store.
If you are using a Macbook, then you can log in to your iCloud account using the below-mentioned procedure.
- First, you need to check the version of your OS X. Make sure you are using the latest version of OS X. If you are not using the latest version then go to Apple menu and in the software update look for if any latest version is available or not. If available, update your OS X to the latest version.
- Once your OS X is updated, turn on your iCloud account. You can do lit by choosing the system preferences which you will get in the Apple menu on your Mac. Click iCloud from the list, and you will be asked to enter your Apple ID. After entering your ID, you will get a list of options. Click on the services which you want to enable.
- After that, you need to enable your iCloud photo library, my photo stream, and iCloud photo sharing. You will find an options button next to photos, there you need to select iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Sharing and you are almost done.
- The last thing you need to do is to enable automatic downloads in iTunes. Automatic downloads are for music and apps only. To do that, you need to open your iTunes and select preferences. Click on the store option and select music, movies and apps and you are done.
Know About iCloud Drive
Apple has always been popular for providing streamlined and user friendly services but the company is equally good at providing excellent hardware and software interface.
iCloud drive is one such effort from the company that solves one of the biggest problem of the users today-the storage; it is an Organized way of storing files and data. The iCloud drive from Apple is an online storage service, a place in the sky to store and manage all your files. These files can also be accessed easily from any of the devices of Apple like iPhone, iPad or Mac. Everything that is new sounds complicated initially. The same is with iCloud drive. It might sound complicated and need a few guides to use it well but it is not hard to understand all all.
The iCloud drive works well with iCloud.com. One can use it to create documents, save and share them using the pages, numbers or key notes. The users get 1 GB of free storage space with iCloud.com.
- It is a part of iCloud, the online storage service that was launched by Apple in 2011.
- iCloud drive helps the user to save data like documents, photos, videos, and music to iCloud.
- iCloud gives you the convenience of storing all the data at one place.
- Apart from saving the data, the user can also access the data easily from any place using an internet connection and iOS devices, Mac and Windows PC.
- It also helps to keep all the files and folders updated on all the devices.
- The users can also create new files or folders with the help of applications that are iCloud enabled and also work on them.
- iCloud Drive is a free feature. Any file or data that does not exceed 15 GB in size can be easily stored on iCloud drive without having to exceed the limit of storage.
- Once the user signs for iCloud, he gets a free storage of 5 GB for mail, iCloud drive, iCloud photo library and backup.
Forgot iCloud Password – How to Reset Your iCloud Passwords on Mac, iOS Devices:
When you are sure you Forgot iCloud Password, follow these steps to reset it:
- Open Safari and type applied.apple.com.
- Click on Forgot ID or Password.
- Enter your Apple ID and click on Next.
- You can either use Email authentication or Answer security questions to validate your identity with Apple.
- Using email authentication is a wise decision. Once you select it and click ‘Next’, you will receive an email on your secondary account from Apple.
- The mail that you will receive from Apple will have a message ‘How to reset your Apple ID password’. There is a link in the mail that says, ’Reset now’. Click on it and follow instructions.
- While the Apple sends the email almost immediately, you should wait for some time. In case you do not receive one, click on ‘Return to my Apple ID’.
- Click on the Reset my password icon and enter the Apple ID once again, click on Next.
- This time, choose the second option, Answer security questions and click on Next.
- Enter your birth date.
- There are two security questions, answer them as you must have when you were first setting up the account. Click Next.
- You can now enter a new password and then confirm the same. Be very careful to rewrite the same password.
- Click on Reset Password icon.
Know the Features of iCloud Login:
iCloud comes with so many features such as follows:
- By using iCloud, you can take backup of all your photos and stay updated.
- In iCloud you can take a backup of your music and apps and if you want you can share them too.
- The files you will take backup will be saved, and you can access them anywhere using your Apple ID.
- With iCloud, you can take a backup of all your files and can restore them whenever you want.
- iCloud service helps to locate your phone if it is lost or stolen.
When you will log in for the first time in iCloud Login, you will get a storage space of 5GB which is absolutely free. Depending upon your usage you can upgrade the space but to upgrade your space, you need to pay a certain amount of money every month. Once you have a cloud storage, you don’t have to worry about your photos, songs, and other files. It is worth giving iCloud a try.